Tuesday 10 August 2010

Shop review- McA Direct

Last week I had run out of things to review, so obviously the answer was to do some yarn shopping! Actually that was not the only reason, I have been charged with the task of making some boot socks that do not wear through in about 4 wears and I thought Regia 6 ply might be the answer.
s
Since I do not have a huge amount of LYS access, and what I do have did not stock it I turned to the magical provider of yarn that is the internet (a dangerous place to venture with a credit card in hand).
s
I opted for a shop I had used before, McA direct, mainly because they do free shipping if you spend over £10 (good point number 1- I love free shipping!). Also because they had what I wanted in the required sludgy green.
s
Price wise is pretty standard, the Regia was £3.95 which I think is a reasonable price, maybe not the best, but pretty good.
s
The range stocked is huge, lots of brands and colours, with decent photos and shade cards. There's lots of accessories and things to look at too. Obviously nothing can quite compare to being there in person and having a squish of the yarn, but that's buying online for you.
s
The thing that has got me gushing about them the most is this- I (being a bit dopey) didn't order enough yarn to make the socks, I got 2 balls, need three. So yesterday I placed a second order for another ball of yarn (and some other goodies to get over the £10) and it arrived THIS MORNING! Seriously, less than 24 hours for yarn to go from the computer screen to my hot little hand.
s
With service like that how could I not give them a big thumbs up?!
s
And because I like pictures, here's what I bought- 6 ply Regia in green, a 2.5mm, 100cm circular and some purple beads.
s

No comments:

Post a Comment