Monday 26 July 2010

Village show

Warning- shameful amounts of self trumpeting contained within!
s
This weekend was the village show back home where my parents live. As I haven't managed to find any shows up here I entered the handicraft classes down there (I did check it was ok first). This has meant that I have been a complete PITA for the last two weeks as I frantically tried to finish (and in most cases start) all the projects for the classess I had entered.
s
Managed to get them all done with only a little last minute sewing on Friday night.
s
The handicraft classes covered two rows of tables in the hall:
s

s
There was also a decorated bra competition to raise money for breast cancer, this was voted by the public- a donation got you a bean and you put it in the jar for your favourite bra. The entries were excellent, a fun contest. I think next year they are doing decorated pants (underpants/panties for non UK peoples).
s
s
Now for the self trumpeting, feel free to skip this bit.
s
I want to keep a record of what I entered. Photos of the items will follow on FO Fridays for the next month or so (frees up time for a large project as my 52in52 is taken care of).
ss
Pottery or ceramics- Green yarn bell
You madeit let's see it- Origami daffodills
Quilting or patchwork- Multicoloured cushion (Highly commended)
Cross stitch- Owl (3rd)
Machine sewn garment- Halterneck dress (2nd)
Jewellery- Crane earrings (1st)
Home made greetings card- Mini sock fireplace (1st)
Fashion accessory- Moebius scarf (1st)
Hand knitted garment- 9-5 socks in currants colourway (1st)
s
I also won this for best handicrafts item in show:
s
s
Unfortunately they don't tell you which item it is for, but I am guessing it was for the socks based on the comments card.
s
Next year I am not leaving it till the last minute! (Heard that before, never works :D )

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Are you bringing your cup on Thursday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :)
    Nope, have left it down in Dorset- it has to go back for next year's competition and I know I will forget it if I bring it up here!

    ReplyDelete