Tuesday 25 May 2010

Shop review- Bluefaced Yarn Shop

It is Tuesday, so time for another shop review (I will try to keep this up until I run out of shops to review).
s
This time I thought I would do an online shop review as I figured it was getting dull if anyone was reading who is from a little further away. The website for the shop is:

http://www.bluefaced.net/
They sell directly to all countries except the US. In the US the sell through a company called wool to dye for.

It is where I bought the lace weight merino and silk that I have since dyed blue.
s

They mostly sell undyed yarn and fibres, although there are a few dyed yarns ones on there in the special offers section so it is really a site for people who fancy having a go at home dyeing. There's a big range of weights and fibres to choose from.
s

I know from experience that the yarns they sell are lovely as I know an indie dyer that uses them to supply her base yarns (she sent me to the website). In addition to the lace weight I have also used their merino and bluefaced Leicester superwash sock yarns, both of which are great.
s

Price wise they are reasonably expensive but not unaffordable for small orders. The quality seems good so I would say they are good value if not cheap. I have also seen their wholesale prices which are quite a bit lower, but require buying 10kgs of yarn or fibre at a time (trying to work out how I can justify that).
s
Delivery was really fast- I ordered very early on Thursday morning and was squooshing the yarn the next day when it arrived in the post.
s

The only negative point I would put is that the parcel was wrapped in plastic that I couldn't recycle as I couldn't get the address label off. I guess that is a tough one for any yarn shop really- plastic wrapped is good as it protects the yarn and addresses need to be put on well, but I do like to be able to recycle packaging (personal whinge rather than specific bad point).
s

Obviously no photo of the shop as it would be an picture of my computer, so to brighten up this post (hate to post without at least one picture) here is the lace weight again:
s

s
It is knitting up beautifully on 5mm needles, hopefully a post about the project coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment