Monday 7 December 2009

The sweater challenge, part 2

The half way update!
I keep being reminded it is only 4, 3, 2 1/2 etc weeks to go until Christmas, which is usually responded to by either "I know, argh too much to do" or "pfft, Christmas is ages away" (wishful thinking!).
It turned out the yarn delay was a good thing as it gave me a chance to recheck my gauge and realise I had put the numbers into the pattern the wrong way round! I felt like a bit of an idiot but it was a good save as I would have been making a GIANT jumper if I had carried on.
With the new pattern created from the correct gauge I decided to go back to the top down option, mostly because my only 5mm circular was too small to start on the body section, but fine for the neck.
Two and a half weeks and some crazy knitting later (literally every spare second I find) its going ok so far- I waver between confidence that it will be finished and wrapped in time and panic that it will not. So far the raglan shaping and most of the body is done, hoping to finish the body by Wednesday then start on the sleeves.
Oh and I have a vague plan to knit a few more gifts when I am done, I suspect those people may be getting chocolate and smellies instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment